The fingerling potato salad makes a wonderful side item for almost any grilled entree. I especially like it when I’m grilling pork or chicken breasts. For this version, I made a Bacon-Cilantro Vinaigrette dressing. However, you can make the potato salad with your favorite potato salad dressing in order to accentuate your main item. While I’m normally a southern, creamy potato salad girl, I do prefer a vinaigrette when I’m grilling.
The potatoes can be par-boiled ahead and then grilled along with your entree. Mix up the dressing ahead of time and you can have an easy, no-stress dinner!
For the Potatoes
- 2 lb Fingerling Potatoes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 3 TBS Cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place potatoes in pot and cover with water and 1 tsp kosher salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 4-5 minutes or until potatoes are softening, but not cooked all the way through.
- Drain potatoes and allow to cool. Slice in half lengthwise. Toss with 2 TBS olive oil (this can be done up to a day in advance if stored in airtight container.)
- Place cut side down on hot grill and cook for 2-3 minutes or until beginning to char. Turn over potatoes and
- Remove from grill and pour just enough dressing to coat potatoes.
- Serve warm along with entree.
For the Vinaigrette
- Add all ingredients except bacon to bowl and whisk. This is not an emulsion vinaigrette, so oil doesn't have to be drizzled in slowly.
- Add Bacon right before serving and whisk or shake.