Fresh, with a hint of smoke, this will be a hit at any grill out! I always try to get mixed fingerlings, with blue, yellow and red to add some color and depth.
For the Potatoes
- 2 lb Fingerling Potatoes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 4 slices bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 3 TBS Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 bunch green onions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place potatoes in pot and cover with water and 1 tsp kosher salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 4-5 minutes or until potatoes are softening, but not cooked all the way through.
- Drain potatoes and allow to cool. Slice in half lengthwise. Toss with 2 TBS olive oil (this can be done up to a day in advance if stored in airtight container.)
- Place cut side down on hot grill and cook for 2-3 minutes or until beginning to char. Turn over potatoes and
- Remove from grill and pour just enough dressing to coat potatoes.
- Serve warm along with entree.
For the Vinaigrette
- Add all ingredients except bacon to bowl and whisk. This is not an emulsion vinaigrette, so oil doesn’t have to be drizzled in slowly.
- Add Bacon right before serving and whisk or shake.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes