Fresh, rich and sprightly, this side dish will become a family favorite for your summer side dishes.
- 1 poblano pepper (roasted, peeled, stemmed and seeded)
- 4 ears sweet corn (kernels sliced off)
- 1/2 small sweet onion (diced)
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp wondra flour (if desired)
- Roast poblano either by holding over a gas flame (with tongs!) until blackened or roasting in the oven. Place in a small bag and seal for 10 minutes. Remove skin, stem, seeds and dice pepper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the kernels from the cob and set aside. Dice onions and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, add oil and onions and cook 3-4 minutes or until onions are beginning to cook through. Add poblanos and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add corn kernels and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add butter, salt, peppers and garlic.
- Add cream and cook while stirring for 2 minutes, or until cream is thickened. Sprinkle in wondra flour, if desired, stir and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes