- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 3 eggs (lightly whisked)
- 4 TBS Your Favorite Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 5 pieces thick cut bacon (cut into small pieces)
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbs coarse ground black pepper
- Place flour on a large cutting board and make a “well.” Add in salt, eggs and hot sauce. Using a fork, gently begin whisking in the well, gradually incorporating flour.
- After flour is mainly incorporated, hand knead pasta dough until slightly smooth. If pasta dough looks too dry, add a teaspoon of water at a time. Pasta dough will not be as elastic as a bread dough, so don’t worry too much, just make sure it is mixed thoroughly.
- Tightly wrap dough in plastic wrap and let it sit for at 30 minutes. (I’ve skipped this before, but I think it helps the texture.)
- Run pasta through a press, or mixer attachment. Run pasta through a “sheet” press first, starting at a low number, then thinning it out. When desired thickness is achieved, run through spaghetti blades.
- Bring 3 quarts water to a boil. Fresh pasta will cook in 3 to 4 minutes, so have everything ready to go!
- While pasta water is heating up, cook bacon in a skillet until crispy. Drain and set aside. Drain skillet, then add olive oil and sautéed garlic until golden. Add crushed red pepper and black pepper.
- Remove cooked pasta from water and add to your skillet (over medium heat) with the peppers and garlic. Add parmesan to pasta 2 tablespoons at a time, stirring or tossing pasta frequently. Add reserved water 2 teaspoons at a time until cheese is melted. Continue to add until all cheese is used and melted.
- Add bacon, toss to heat, test for flavor and add salt and pepper if desired, then plate. Garnish with more parmesan (I love shaved parmesan for garnish,) diced basil or micro greens, and serve.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes