Take the humble quesadilla to the next level with this Asian-marinated beef recipe, then top with wasabi crema. Your palate will thank you!
- 2 8 oz Mishima Reserve NY strips
- 2 TBS Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 TBS oyster sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 TBS chili garlic sauce
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 6" flour tortillas
- 1 TBS salted butter
- 1 cup Mexican crema
- 1 TBS prepared wasabi
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, add crema and wasabi paste and whisk until incorporated. Refrigerate to let flavors meld.
- Mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, and chili garlic sauce.
- Slice NY strips into thin strips. Place in the marinade for 30 minutes. Prepare grill to run at a medium-hot level. Place a cast-iron skillet on part of the grill. (this can easily be done in the kitchen instead of the grill.)
- Quickly grill strips until desired temperature is achieved. Remove from grill and chop into small pieces. Cook diced onions and peppers in 1 TBS butter in the skillet, then remove.
- melt more butter in skillet. Lay down tortilla, then place 1/4 of cheese on 1/2 of the tortilla. Cover cheese with some onions and peppers and then diced beef. Fold over tortilla and cook until toasted, then flip and toast other side. Repeat for other tortillas.
- Remove quesadillas when done. Slice into desired portions, then drizzle with wasabi crema and serve.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Southwestern fusion
Keywords: Asian beeef, crema, mishima reserve, Quesadilla, wagyu beef, wasabi