Want to go the extra step to delicous-ness? Take that ribeye, rub it down and smoke it! It will be the meal you remember!
- 1 8 lb ribeye roast (trimmed and peeled of extraneous fat)
- 1/3 cup Melissa’s Grillin’ Shake
- 1/3 cup Melissa’s Garlic Blend
- 2 TBS fresh thyme (chopped)
- 2 TBS fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Mix all rub ingredients together. Slather on Ribeye Roast.
- Prepare smoker to run at 250 degrees, with a good, pronounced wood, such as hickory or cherry (my favorite.)
- Rub loin and allow to sit at room temperature, lightly covered, for 30 minutes. Place in smoker with internal thermometer, such as a MEATER.
- Allow for 20-25 minutes per pound to smoke. Pull when the internal temperature is 3-5 degrees below the desired end. When resting, place in an aluminum pan and lightly cover with foil. Allow resting for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove loin from foil and slice. Use drippings from foil to drizzle over cuts on plates. Enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish