Add flavor to your chicken dinner with this wonderful Peruvian style Smoked Chicken!
- 2 TBS Aji Panca paste
- 2 TBS minced garlic
- 1 TBS sherry vinegar
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1/2 lime (juice from 1/2 lime)
- 2 TBS Cilantro (lightly chopped)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 whole chicken, 4.5-5.5 lbs
- Add all marinade ingredients to a bowl and whisk.
- Place chickens in a large ziplock bag or other container, and pour marinade over them. Chicken will be better if left to marinate at least 12 hours.
- Prepare smoker to run at 275 degrees
- place chicken on smoker, and allow to cook for approximately 1.5 hours, or until thigh temperature is 170 degrees. Flip chicken over a hot zone or grill to crisp up the skin if desired.
- remove the chicken and let rest for 4-5 minutes. Serve with Peruvian Green Sauce for some added flavor!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour