This easy recipe uses smoked catfish filets as a flavorful key to this dip. Pipe it on crostini or serve it in a bowl with crostini, cheeses, nuts and dried fruit
- 2 lbs boneless catfish filets
- 2 TBS BBQ Seasoning
- 8 oz cream cheese (at room temp)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 TBS diced red bell peppers
- 2 TBS diced green onion
- 2 TBS cajun seasoning`
- 1 TBS Lemon juice
- 1 TBS Hungarian Paprika
- 1/2 TBS Ancho chili powder
- Prepare a smoker to run at 250 degrees with apple or cherry wood
- Season catfish with BBQ seasoning, oil grates and place catfish in smoker. Cook until it reaches 145 degrees, then remove and cool.
- In the bowl of a mixer, add cream cheese, sour cream, and all other ingredients except for catfish. Turn mixer on medium and mix 4 minutes, scraping sides occasionally.
- Add catfish and mix for 2 minutes or until catfish is well incorporated. Remove from mixer, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
Keywords: bbq recipe, catfish, smoked fish dip