Make the best Turkey ever with this easy smoked turkey recipe!
For the Turkey
- 1 12 lb turkey
- 8 oz salted butter
- 1 TBS chopped sage
- 1 lemon
- 3 oranges, divided
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 small bundle Fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 cup Melissa’s Bold Seasoning (or your favorite BBQ Rub)
- 2 TBS Melissa’s Grillin’ Shake
- 1 TBS olive oil
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- juice from 2 oranges
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 TBS white balsamic vinegar
- Preheat smoker to 325 degrees. Pat dry turkey. Tuck wings underneath turkey. Lightly season cavity, then stuff with onion, lemon, and thyme. Tie legs together. Rub olive oil on turkey, then season with bold seasoning and grillin’ shake.
- Place a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the thigh, and place turkey in the smoker. Cook for 1 hour, then loosely tent foil over the breast. Continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees. Remove from smoker, cover and rest for 30 minutes.
- Raise smoker temperature to 400 degrees. In a sauce pan, add soy sauce, vinegars, orange juice and sugar. Bring to a boil and reduce to a syrup consistency, whisking often. About 10-15 minutes.
- Brush turkey with glaze then put back in smoker. After 5 minutes, brush again with glaze and let stay in smoker for another 5-10 minutes to set glaze. Remove and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours