Note- I try to not use brand names unless I believe a certain brand is integral to the flavor that I am looking to achieve. I am in no way affiliated with O Olive Oil brand, but I love their products and use them often. They age their vinegars in casks, which give them a nice rounded flavor as opposed to the sharpness of most vinegars.
This is one of my favorite dressings, and I use it often on salads, vegetables and even watermelon. It is also wonderful as a marinade for chicken or shrimp. As it is citrus based, only marinade fish or shrimp for 10-15 minutes, or the acids will begin to turn your seafood into ceviche. Use it as a light glaze when grilling chicken or seafood as well. Simply brush it on in the last few minutes of cooking for a wonderfully fresh flavor.
Another great use is as a dipping sauce. When you are looking for something lighter and fresh, this is a wonderful substitute for ranch dressing, or some mayo based sauce.
- 1/4 cup O brand Orange Blossom Champagne Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1 tbs minced shallots optional
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 TBS dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper fresh ground
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- in a bowl, add the canola oil and olive oil. Set aside
- In a small bowl, add all other ingredients and whisk to incorporate
- While whisking briskly, drizzle in the olive oil blend to form an emulsion.