Brisket chili will make you crave a cold day! This super easy recipe uses some leftover brisket to make a great bowl of smoky, delicious chili- perfect for those cool nights!
- 1 lb dried pinto beans (washed and sorted)
- 4 tsp kosher salt (divided; or to taste)
- 4 cup beef stock
- 2 TBS chili powder (divided)
- 1 TBS canola oil
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1/2 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1.5 lbs cooked brisket (cubed)
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Diced fresh Jalapeños (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar (for garnish)
- Wash dried pinto beans. Drain, and pour into instant pot
- Add beef stock, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 TBS chili powder. Turn on instant pot to “Beans” cycle, which will take 30 minutes plus the time it takes to heat up.
- While instant pot is cooking beans, sautée onions, peppers and garlic until golden.
- When cycle is finished, manually release steam. Add in brisket, tomatoes, remaining seasonings, onions, peppers, and garlic, and cubed brisket. Set Instant Pot for “Bean” Cycle again and start.
- Allow instant pot to cook for cycle, then release steam naturally (about 20 more minutes than cooking cycle.) Open instant pot, stir, and taste for seasonings. You may need to add some for your taste.
- garnish with cheese, and jalapeños if desired. Serve this bowl of smoky deliciousness and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour